The mission of the Northeastern Ohio Regional Trauma Network (NORTN) is to collaboratively develop a regional trauma system and improve trauma care for the communities served, through data evaluation, research, injury prevention and education.
The purpose of NORTN is to be the vehicle which collects and analyzes pre-hospital and hospital demographic and clinical data for peer review purposes, injury prevention initiatives, community based education and research, submission of data to the State trauma registry and performance improvement initiatives.
The Northeastern Ohio Regional Trauma Network (NORTN) Committee contracts with a Regional Data Manager to facilitate regional trauma data validation for NORTN member hospitals and facilitate regional interpretation of the NTDS data element definitions within the NORTN member hospitals. The Regional Trauma Data Manager also is the administrator for ARHA's trauma data.
Members of the NORTN committee include Emergency Department Physicians, Supervisors, Trauma Medical Directors, Data Managers and Trauma Program Managers from each of the ARHA NORTN hospitals.
Click for a copy of the NORTN brochure.
Click for a copy of the 2015 NORTN Annual Report
NORTN Program Highlights
- NORTN sponsors an annual Trauma Conference with more than 100 trauma medical directors, trauma program managers, trauma data managers, EMS, paramedics and firefighters in attendance. A keynote speaker is secured for each conference as well as local healthcare professionals to lecture on a variety of topics. NORTN hosted its first Regional Trauma Conference in 2006.
- The NORTN Regional Performance Improvement/Research Subcommittee works to identify areas in which NORTN's trauma data can be continuously developed and improved towards significant research and community service.
- NORTN's Data Managers are responsible for tracking and reporting data relevant to the care of trauma patients. Trauma Data Managers play an important role in data collection, maintenance of data integrity, injury prevention and compilation of data for performance improvement and research. NORTN contracts with a Regional Data Manager for regional data validation. Validation begins at the individual hospital level; however, NORTN is proud to be the first region in Ohio to take the validation process one step further to improve the quality of the region’s data to a more substantial level.
- The NORTN Trauma Awareness/Injury Prevention Subcommittee researches methods in which it can promote education for trauma awareness and prevention within the community.
- NORTN's Regional Educational Series is held three times per year and feature a keynote speaker. The NORTN Regional Trauma Conference serves as one quarter's educational event. NORTN member hospitals volunteer to host each event and obtain a speaker on a pertinent topic. Past topics included: Management of Hepatobiliary Trauma: The Young & the Old; From Tears to Smiles: A TBI Story; Unusual Presentations of Pediatric Head Injuries.
NORTN TRAUMA CONFERENCE
12th Annual NORTN Regional Trauma Conference: October 20, 2017
The 12th Annual NORTN Regional Trauma Conference will be held at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.
The cost is $100 for physicians, $70 for Nursing/PA/NP/RT/Residents/Other, and $30 for EMS. Registration fees include: all education sessions, parking, breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack.
Please come back and check this site when the agenda and online registration information is available.
NORTN 2017 Regional Educational Series Calendar