The NorthEast Central Ohio Regional Extension Center (REC) is one of a select group of organizations throughout the U.S. designated as having the experience and capacity necessary to assist health care providers with the task of modernizing their practices with certified EHRs. We have been selected by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) for Health Information Technology to serve providers, with a focus on primary care providers, in NorthEast Central Ohio.
For providers who do not currently have an EHR system, the REC will help you choose and implement one in your office. For providers who already have a system, we can help eligible providers meet the criteria for incentive payments from Medicare or Medicaid for the meaningful use of EHRs.
Our priority is helping providers understand and take advantage of the full benefits of EHRs.
- Improve patient safety and quality of care while reducing costs associated with medical errors, duplicate tests, and administering paper records and claims
- Easily navigate the EHR vendor marketplace by having supported access to recommended certified systems
- Use EHRs in a meaningful way so that patient information is available when and where it is needed, and care is coordinated across provider teams
- Achieve EHR meaningful use objectives from the very beginning, maximizing incentives and minimizing financial and administrative burdens associated with implementing new electronic systems
- Prepare and position themselves for future pay for performance